Weekend Nanny Jobs
Anyone looking to earn extra cash has countless ways to achieve this goal. There’s an option of taking a second job, regular hours and perhaps more pay. However, there is an even better option of taking a weekend job. This kind of jobs only requires your presence Saturdays and Sundays. It eliminates the stress of running helter-skelter from one job to another, only to end up exhausted at the end of the day. Now you see why weekend jobs can be great. Weekend Nanny Jobs are a great option if you are one who loves to have children or perhaps, you have experience in this field. This article will give you an insight on this job. I’ll also try to attach links to websites that post ads on weekend nanny jobs. Feel free to check it out!
How easy is it to get Weekend Nanny Jobs?
Regardless of your location in the states, there are countless nanny job opportunities waiting to be seized. However, weekend nanny job offers are a rare find. There are several websites online dedicated to advertising these jobs as they come. You can check out indeed.com.
Weekend Nanny Jobs – Requirements
Nanny duties vary depending on the household amongst other factors. However, most nanny jobs will involve an element of typical nanny and childcare tasks. You should be able to:
- Provide complete care for the children in your potential employer’s home
- Perform all tasks that correlate to the care of the children.
- Create a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which the children can thrive and develop.
- You may also be required to take on household chores like cooking, cleaning, shopping and even laundry.
For Educational requirements, most families/hiring companies would prefer a high school graduate. Other qualifications that may be a bonus to you are:
- Training in child care
- Positive testimonies/referrals from previous employers
- Clean record and a valid driving license.
I’d like to add that your temperamental abilities may be another reason to hire you. For instance, if you are a warm and friendly person with great planning/organizing skills, there’s a great chance of you getting hired.
Weekend Nanny Jobs – Average Income
Nanny wages can vary based on a number of factors such as years of experience, education level, and employment status. According to a 2017 survey of Sittercity nannies, the US national average is $14.22/hour. This is excluding any benefits your employer may decide to accord to you.
Weekend Nanny Jobs – Average Working Hours Required
Working hours are contracted dependent on the contractual requirements of the site. However, the average working hours of a nanny is 8 hours/day.
Weekend Nanny Jobs – Benefits
- Working during the weekend lets you get things done on your own terms without interruptions. There won’t be much to do mainly because people usually don’t come into work during the weekend.
- Another benefit of getting a weekend job over a conventional second job is that you earn some extra cash in addition to your current income [that is if you have a regular job].
- You will not only make more money, but you will also add skills acquired and experience to your résumé.
Weekend Nanny Jobs – Drawbacks
The major drawback of taking weekend jobs is the increased stress that comes with it. Balancing this job, your regular job and personal life can take a negative toll on you. It will take some getting used to.
Available Weekend Delivery Jobs
To find available Weekend Nanny Jobs, feel free to do a Google search or visit indeed.com.